1.25.2013

tanya

Today I'm thinking of Tanya. Remembering the amazing impact she had on my life, the mark she left on me and all the ways she inspired me.

I've been thinking about her a lot lately, and how much she would've loved the shop. I like to think she would be proud. Opening the store this past spring was something I really wished she was here for. I would've loved to share it with her. It was an event that we fantasized about often, usually over wine and clodhoppers in our pajamas on our couch.

Last night my mom sent me the loveliest note. And I think she captured what I'm feeling so eloquently. She said,

Each year that goes by the sadness of our losses seems to dissipate but never leaves our hearts. It serves to remind us of how fragile life is and how precious our loved ones are. We must stay in the present and live life to the fullest.

Such beautiful words. And how true.

So today as a tribute to Tanya, I will be reveling in my beautiful store surrounded by gorgeous flowers, doing what I love most. And thinking about how much she would love that.

For T. xo




photos by Vicky Starz

1 comment: