12.15.2012

simple & slate holiday tablescape

Another tablescape for you... this one simple, and inspired by these vintage slate ornaments we are selling in the shop this year. 

I love colour. I love using it when I'm designing flower arrangements. I love colour in fashion and interiors. But I have to admit, grey is probably my favourite. There is something so calming about it, so tranquil.

Pulling all the elements for this table was fun. The slate, charcoal and pewter colours all came together perfectly but I wanted to make sure it didn't feel too cold. Adding the moss, Cypress planters and boxwood wreaths added some much needed dimension and life to the table.

My tip for creating a mono-chromatic table with cool colours... try incorporating something organic to keep it from looking dull!

More stunning photos by  Vicky Starz!



No comments:

Post a Comment