12.13.2012

a retro inspired holiday tablescape

There's something so nostalgic about clementines at Christmas. My mom, like her her mom, always tucked them in our stockings when we were kids. I was so excited when I found these satsuma oranges (leaves still on!) at the fruit market near my shop. They were immediately my inspiration for this nostalgic and retro styled tablescape.

I love incorporating fruit in our arrangements at the shop, and these oranges just popped when I nestled them in next to the stunning fuschia peonies, imported from New Zealand at this time of year. 

To play up the retro theme I paired two beautiful mid-century amber and smoke wine glasses I found at the thrift shop, and added some fun vintage glass balls and pine cone ornaments. Soft and natural elements like the real pine cones, birch risers, oatmeal coloured linen napkins and hand painted name tags helped keep the look organic. To pull everything together I laid out the tablescape on a muted sage green velvet runner, which also kept the look elegant and incorporated the other softer natural elements.

To get this look at home try incorporating fruit on your table. Other fruits that remind me of Christmas like pears, pomegranates and persimmons can be found at most grocery stores, and will add that gorgeous bright pop of colour to your table!

Gorgeous photos by the ever-so talented Vicky Starz




No comments:

Post a Comment